4 of the Firms are here in Brevard County.
June ended strongly for local firms looking for government contract work, with a combined value of more than a half-billion dollars.
Five Central Florida firms were awarded major military contract deals on June 30 with a combined value of $567 million. Government contracts often spark job creation for many local firms and may create subcontracting opportunities for smaller companies.
Here’s a look at each company and its contract, according to the U.S. Department of Defense:
- Alliance for Counter Narcoterrorism LLC: The Cape Canaveral-based company is one of four that will be eligible to compete for services on a contract valued at $480 million. The contract awarded by the U.S. Army is to support the counter-narcoterrorism program office. Narcoterrorism is terrorism associated with trade in illicit drugs. The contract has a completion date of June 29, 2020.
- Longbow LLC: The Orlando-based partnership between Lockheed Martin Corp. and Northrop Grumman Corp. landed a $28 million U.S. Army contract. The contract is to add additional funds for the production of of the Radar Electronic units. All work will be performed in Orlando and has a completion date of April 30, 2019.
- Harris Corp.: The company’s government communication systems division in Palm Bay was awarded a $24.3 million U.S. Air Force contract. Under the contract, Harris Corp. will provide support for the Air Force Space & Missile Systems Center in California. The contract has a completion date of June 31, 2017.
- DRS Network and Imaging Systems: The Melbourne-based defense firm was awarded a $20.5 million contract from the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency. Contract work includes the development and delivery of army installation kits and spares. The contract has a completion date of March 2017.
- David Boland Inc.: The Titusville-based general contractor was awarded a $17.2 million U.S. Army contract. Contract work includes the development of a army reserve center. The contract has a completion date Feb. 29, 2018.
Richardson covers technology and general assignments for online and print.
Article by Matthew Richardson, Orlando Business Journal – Full Article [ HERE ]